Braces in Aurora, Naperville, Oswego, & Plainfield, IL
Dealing with crooked or misaligned teeth not only hinders you from feeling confident with your smile but also can affect things like your bite. Luckily, there are ways to adjust your teeth. Braces can help adjust the position of your teeth and address any issues with spacing and can straighten your teeth out.
Types of Braces
There are many different types of braces that your dentist will help you choose from that will fit with your lifestyle. Some of the types include:
- Traditional Metal Braces - These include brackets attached to the front of your teeth with wires and rubber bands to link the brackets together. These are the type of braces that are most recognizable.
- Ceramic Braces - These are similar to metal braces, except with ceramic brackets instead of metal
- Lingual Braces - With lingual braces, brackets are attached to the back of teeth so that they are not as noticeable.
- Clear Aligners - These are clear, plastic aligner trays that you wear for most of the day. These are also known as invisible braces and provide a discreet way of straightening teeth.
Braces work by gently applying pressure to your teeth, gently moving them over a period of time. The amount of time that you will be required to wear braces is determined for a number of reasons. Some of these include:
- The severity of your problem.
- The health of your mouth.
- How well you follow any instructions by your orthodontist.
- How much room there is in your mouth.
Contact Your Dentist Today!
If you’re struggling with misalignment or improper spacing of your teeth, it’s important that you contact your dentist as soon as possible to determine if you are a good candidate for braces! Call your dentist today to ask any questions you may have and to schedule your appointment today!